Thursday, March 1, 2012

6-Word Memoir #4 - My Heart Lives In East Tennessee

A photo of my best TN friend and I (summer 2011)
This is my favourite six-word memoir, and the most sentimental. I pretty much grew up in Tennessee, I don't remember much before my family moved. It holds my favourite memories, friends, and scenery, too. I love my life where I live now, and I don't think I would trade it for another, but I do wish travel was easier and inexpensive. I wish things were simpler! I had most of my firsts in Tennessee. Real friends (that I chose, not because they were my parents' friends' kids), crushes, ..... corndogs! Oh, corndogs. Only in the South. In many ways I'm "a true Tennessee girl at heart" (a memoir draft!). I keep in touch with my three best girlfriends, and usually fly out every summer to visit. Those are the happiest times.

2 comments:

  1. I just wanted to say that I think that it's really neat that you have been able to maintain some of your friendships with some of your friends back in Tennessee. I can't imagine how hard it was to move somewhere completely different from where you lived before but the fact that you have been able to stay in touch and go back to visit some of your friends is really amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks so much, lexi! it is definitely worth keeping in touch with old friends.

    ReplyDelete